Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 19, 2024

My Teaching Application so far...

This reflection was written today during my rest day from work. A lot of things are happening around me and in my surroundings. Not everyone can relate to this kind of feeling, but they might say that feelings are subjective. I don’t care; I still want to share it.

     This happened during my application process to become a teacher. I applied to many teaching positions online. A few responded, but the majority were not impressed, perhaps due to my credentials. I don’t have any direct teaching experience, and my work history is mainly in the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry. Unfortunately, every time an interview is conducted, they ask why I chose teaching. I answer that it’s my dream, that I want to teach, and that I love teaching. My answer seems awkward, and even I feel that it is very lame and probably the same answers as most teaching applicants. My professor in education once said that it depends on the philosophy of the school I am applying to, as well as their goals and mission. He advised always taking the time to research and investigate the kind of school I want to teach at. I don’t know, but I feel that I am not given the opportunity to showcase my skills, or that my demo practice is not good enough to impress the panelists. I really think my issue is with the delivery of the teaching process and how I present myself as the best candidate. 

    One significant factor that contributed to my poor presentation was my lack of sleep and preparation. The stress of juggling my current job and the application process left me exhausted and unable to focus. I realize now that adequate rest and thorough preparation are crucial for a successful presentation. With all the sentiments and self-blame, I realize that I need to study more on how to create better lessons and demonstrations. I believe this would be the best way to start. Additionally, I need to speak more English without hesitation. I need to change my mindset: speaking the vernacular is not wrong, but I need to set myself apart. My plan is to practice more and speak more so that I can ace the interview and achieve my dream of becoming a teacher. Moreover, a valuable lesson from this experience is the importance of preparation and self-care. Ensuring that I am well-rested and fully prepared will undoubtedly improve my performance in future interviews and teaching demonstrations. Additionally, seeking feedback from experienced educators and possibly enrolling in professional development courses could provide me with the skills and confidence needed to excel.


NOTE:

Actually I am taking my masters now in PUP Graduate School and currently starting to practice writing in my spare time. I really love writing now as this my tool to communicate to other people about my feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment