Monday, November 7, 2022

The Teacher and the Community (A Reflection as a Aspirant LPT) PART 1

Today marks the third month of my study in the Certification for Teaching Program (CTP). This is an online program for people who want to pursue study teaching while working. First, I thought it would be easy, but it has given me a lot of new learning experiences about how to adapt,plan, implement, and revise instructions, not just for kids, but also for other people who seek good instructions and learning. It's a great way for me to interact with other people in different places in the world. Yes, in the world, because you don't have only classmates around the Philippines (Thank you, pandemic days. You have taught us that there is another way of modality.) But you have a chance to be with Filipino people working and living in other countries like Vietnam, Thailand and the Middle East. This is an initiative and great way of platform which promulgated by Mr. Nielson De Silva, The Proprietor of Ascend Tutorial, Training and Review Center which is located in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.
Ascend is committed in transforming professionals to become teacher-ready equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills as they enter the teaching profession. Moreover, their students are taught the progressivist way to cope with the demands of both the third and fourth Industrial Revolution in Education (Education 3.0 and 4.0) and they are an advocates of new way of modality of instruction and learning especially for those who wants to pursue the passion for teaching. Graduates who are currently working professionals can now push their call for teaching and be involved in a changing pace of modern world nowadays. With the help of curriculum of their partner school-the Asia Technological School for Science and Arts, the mode of instruction is both online and offline, where students can work on their study activities at their own pace without attending an actual classroom. With this set up, the student can work and finish their assigned activities and worksheets at their convenience, without any due date, as long as they finish the task before the end of the term. I'm so lucky that I found this option since it's my dream to finish my studies in Education even before the pandemic. For me, who aspires to become a teacher or a trainer someday, this would be a big help for continuous learning and training.
                "The Teaching Profession Online Synchronous Class of Ma'am Villamor" 


 Deciding to undergo this momentous event feels like I am really a worthy person. To have this opportunity to serve my country through true education builds my compassion more to help and enlighten the dark world of disinformation and innocents. It was a struggle for me at first because you need to work on your assignments in school and yet you are working at the same time. I find this good and I enjoy it! Even if I have free time, I usually spend a little time looking at my notes and memorizing terms. Exams are really challenging because they are in the same format as the LET (Licensure Examination for Teachers) exam. The process is really intensive and hard but I find it nice anyway since teaching is a no brainer job and it requires a lot of ability to possess before you fly to the actual demonstration of teaching. The knowledge that has been gained, the planning and getting into the actual mode of teaching are the best qualities and criteria that the said program provides made a good teacher. The servant for the community of people and the society itself. One thing that I always remind myself on why I'm here? I can be narrow, but I can also be a changer. Giving learning is the best way to fight inequalities and misunderstanding in society. Playing a cartoon hero or a tandang sora mode really gives me peace and calm every time I can share knowledge with everyone. It's a call! Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment